Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Encouragement from the Bertram Family


During a severe drought in the Kalanguya Tribe a Tribal Believer was asked how he was able to continue praising God while he was literally starving. The man replied with a confused look and said:

“Whether or not we have food and water has nothing to do with the fact that Christ has paid the penalty for my sins!”

In times of difficulty I often neglect the Greatest Gift that God has ever given. I focus on the negative circumstances that change with the wind, and ignore the concrete FACT of Christ’s Sacrifice of Love. He died for me when I had no merit of my own; He continues to draw me to Himself despite my failures; He continues to provide His very Spirit to exhibit holiness in me; I am completely and eternally secure in the Loving Grace of my Lord and Savior! So what’s a little drought?


Image: philippine-travel.co.uk

No comments: