Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Cik Family Update


December 2007

“We are amazed and can’t believe how well-behaved and what strong faith Naomi (8) and Noel (7) have.” Beate’s parents remarked after visiting us in our home for six weeks. We are happy for the opportunity the Lord gave us to have this kind of witness to these Jehovah’s Witnesses.

SeminaryUpdate:

I am daily reminded of the calling of the Lord on my life to carry the Gospel to Europe. My heart is ready to go but I know I still need more training. Sometimes I am frustrated by 2 things:

1. My ability to earn a living but unable to do this here because of immigration laws.

2. Language difficulty to comprehend and read huge amounts of material. Good job offers come from Austria and are a temptation. Why don’t I just pack up and leave? There is no place in Austria where I can receive the good training I am getting here, there is no way.

Please pray for my family and me.

This semester is done and I´m preparing for all the finals. It is in GOD’S hand that I will pass all my exams. It is such a blessing to study at the Greenville Presbyterian Seminary. My next step in my preparation:

Lord willing, I will come under the care of the Calvary Presbytery in January but that does not include financial backing.

Counseling (RBCTI) Update:

My wife and I have also finished the RBCTI counseling course for this semester. There is just one semester left for the two year program.

Blessings from our Lord:

GOD is showing us every day that He will take care of His flock. We want to thank all our supporters for your prayers and gifts. We have experienced so much grace from you all, dear brothers and sisters.

THANK YOU!

We still need 33 families or churches who would like to support us with $50 monthly so that we can stay here to finish seminary.

Accountability:

We are 100% financially accountable and have a budget which is managed by Pastor Dan Dodds from Woodruff Road Presbyterian Church. All our financial transactions are available for review by any supporter.

Please send any correspondence or financial support to the following address:

Woodruff Road Presbyterian Church
(for Cik family or German Reformation Project)
2519 Woodruff Road
Simpsonville SC 29681

Your servant in Christ

GoeksanCik

Contact Cik family: byfaithalone@hotmail.com

No comments: